Dume Haiti Fund
Haiti is a beautiful country with wonderful people. In the last several years the Royer's have gotten to know a native Haitian, Marc Dume, who is a successful businessman with a huge vision to help the people of his country.
Dr. Marc Royer has made trips with Marc Dume to Haiti to plan, strategize, and develop ministry for the people of Haiti along with Dr. Marceil Royer who has traveled to Haiti to provide teacher training in several different regions. The goal of The Christian Resource Group is to help develop teachers so they can teach children to read so they are able to read the Bible.
Dr. Marc Royer has provided Pastoral Training and Leadership Development throughout Haiti. The Royer's find the people of Haiti always willing to learn, grow and appreciative of any help they receive.
As Hurricane Matthew took aim at Haiti, Marc Dume called his sister in the Nippes Region and asked about their preparation for the coming Hurricane. Marc did not discover his sister, nor had anyone in the region heard of the Hurricane approaching. A call to his sister in Port Au Prince found the same response.
The Haiti Fund is an ongoing separate Fund of The Christian Resource Group named after its founder, Marc Dume. The funds received go directly to helping the people of Haiti. This beautiful country and great people deserve God's best, but the situation many of the people face each day is dire. We encourage you to give to the Haiti Fund to help with many of the projects we continue to develop including:
- The Education Inititiative-TCRG continues to develop its teacher training for the teachers of Haiti. We are working with both the Ministry of Education and individual schools/churches to help provide children with the essential tools to learn and grow.
- Leadership Devlopment-TCRG provides for leadership training, (both Pastoral and Civic) to help provide the best possible future for the people of Haiti.
- Radio Communications-TCRG is working with Marc Dume to build its first radio station as part of an educational and emergency response initiative in the Nippes "Department" ("department" is the US equivalent of a state). We want to make sure the people of Haiti don't continue to be unprepared in case of emergencies. (Projected budget cost $40,000 to $55,000)
- Bulldozer-Hurricane Matthew wiped out much of the infrastructure including roads, bridges, passes, etc. throughout Haiti. It will be years before their government is equipped to address the issues to rebuild. A bulldozer with several Haitians equipped to use it will provide a "hand up" NOT a hand out for the people. (Bulldozer cost--$7000 plus $4000 for repairs plus $12000 to ship).
- Transportation-Haiti is a beautiful country challenged by the ability to transport people and materials through out the landscape. Marc Dume has purchased an "old school" Hummer to provide for safe and dependable transportation. The vision is to have several vehicles available to transport people who come to Haiti to help. ($21,000 for the Hummer and the shipping to Haiti).
Four Acres of Land in Nippes for projects--$6,000.
The vision we have for the people of Haiti is huge and will be accomplished as God provides.
Please think about and pray about how you would be able to help partner with us on some of these projects. God Bless!